For India's rapidly growing economy, transportation sector plays a very important role. Number of vehicles in India has increase more than 2 folds in last one decade. It is also house of multiple agencies regulating various aspect of road & transportation.
Some of the govt. ministries as well agencies dealing in regulating this sector are -
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG)
- Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF)
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)